You are probably familiar with Giving Tuesday, the global day of giving held at the end of the year that celebrates nonprofits and their causes. But today we’d like to tell you about #GivingTuesdayNow which takes place today – Tuesday, May 5th. This new event is being held to create unity in our communities and act as an emergency response to the unique and unprecedented needs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. After all, we can still remain connected and show generosity to others, even with social distancing rules in place.
This pandemic has been difficult for even the healthiest members of society. But with underlying health issues, PVA members with spinal cord injuries and diseases such as MS and ALS are at high risk for deadly repercussions or further disabilities should they contract the virus – and the challenges this pandemic has created will continue long after stay-at-home orders are lifted.
Because of this, PVA continues to be on the front lines, working day and night to help our veterans receive the lifesaving support they need during this global health crisis.
Did you know?
- PVA chapters across the country are working to provide financial assistance to members to help alleviate some of the financial pressures of this pandemic, distributing gift cards for food and supplies.
- National Service Officers are processing benefits and disability claims and assisting veterans with their health care needs.
- The PVA website is continually updated with resources and information to help members with their COVID-19-related questions and concerns.
- PVA’s employment program – PAVE (Paving Access for Veterans Employment) is helping veterans stay connected to the job search and sharpen their skills during quarantine.
- We are continuing to monitor the impact of this virus on our members, and are working closely with the Department of Veterans Affairs and Capitol Hill to address the crucial needs of paralyzed veterans who need daily, life-sustaining care.
We will get through this, together. To have a direct impact on these deserving heroes, please donate to PVA during #GivingTuesdayNow at HelpPVA.org. Thank you for your support.